Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wow.

Well, I'm about to start watching the 2008 World Series. Here are a couple of things that I never, ever, ever, ever thought that I would say:

1. The Tampa Bay Rays are in the World Series.
2. The Tampa Bay Rays have a legitimately good shot at winning it all.
3. Its kinda cool that the World Series is being played in the dome.
4. The Orioles now have to compete with Tampa Bay, along with boston and new york. Toronto is pretty fucking good, too.
5. I'm rooting for TAMPA freaking BAY in the WORLD SERIES

/head explodes

I'm really excited about the series, as I feel most real baseball fans are. Its a great matchup, neither the yankees nor the red sox are involved, and both teams are fairly young (although Jamie Moyer kinda skews the Phillies' average) so this could be a sign of a changing of the guard. In fact, I feel like the entire 2008 season has kinda been a harbinger of things to come.

- For the first time in a while, the yankees looked really old, and were never really a threat
- Homerun totals are down, stolen bases and doubles are up
- The entire year felt like a year for the youngin's: Lincecum, Hanley Ramirez, pedroia, David Price, Volquez, Longoria, Alexi Ramirez, Geovanny Soto...
- The NL is slowly getting better

Anyway, I love this game. And there's always next year for the Orioles, right?

/cries single tear

0 comments: