Friday, October 24, 2008

Time: 25 minutes, because I got stuck behind this grain elevator/conveyor belt on wheels
Miles: Forgot to check...something like 817?

So I have to say that I am absolutely loving this World Series. I haven't really been able to get a feel from anybody else, though. I feel as though baseball fans should enjoy the matchup, but I also can understand why people who don't give a shit about baseball would continue to not give a shit about this.

But I'm absolutely loving it...a series that's tied up at 1-1 going to Philadelphia, two close games, two fairly evenly matched teams, no blowouts. You can feel it going to 7 games.

However I also know that this will be the World Series that people look back on and say, "Yeah, the red sox won it in '04 and '07...they were still really really good going into '08. Who the hell played in the series that year? I know Tampa Bay won one back around that period...was that it? Who the hell did they play? The Phillies? Are you kidding me? I don't even remember that. What the hell is an Iwamura?"

So I'm lapping it up while I can before next year, when Bud Selig will find some way to have the red sox play the yankees AND the Mets in the World Series, so we can have a glorious return to the Tim McCarver the way we all know him best: shoved lovingly up Derek Jeter's ass.

0 comments: