Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I swear I'm not paranoid. I think I'm not paranoid, anyway. I suppose one of the hallmarks of being paranoid is that you're generally not aware that you're being paranoid - it has to be pointed out to you by some 'rational' colleague. But I'm pretty sure I'm not an overly paranoid kind of guy. But the fact of the matter is, I'm typing this blog entry in Windows Notepad so that I can quickly copy and paste it onto my blog page so as to minimize the chances of being caught not doing work while at work.

The way that my desk is set up is so that there is one person, let's call her 'Nindy', who sits right behind me. She pretty much has a complete view of my computer monitor at all times. There's not really a way that I can position my monitor or my body to block any portion of the screen from her view. It also so happens that she sits at her desk all day long, every day. So I'm left feeling that she is observing every key stroke and mouse click that I make throughout the day.

Now, this does border on paranoid for the following reasons:

1. I do actual work the majority of the time that I am at work.
2. She has never mentioned anything or made any sort of remark that would make me feel as though she is looking at my monitor, much less concerned that I am spending too much time writing this blog or doing whatever.
3. She isn't my boss, and wouldn't tell him, anyway.

So why do I care? I have no idea...I guess I shouldn't. But for the time being, I'm going to work the whole 'Keep Notepad open to jot down blog ideas' angle just in case.

Gotta go - she just sat down again...

0 comments: