Friday, November 7, 2008

Annoyances, part 523

Time: 20 minutes
Miles: I keep forgetting to check when I come in...I think 860?

If there is one thing that annoys me, and in fact many, many, many things annoy me, it is people who honk their horns immediately after a light turns green when they are five cars back in a line.

This happened this morning when I was turning onto MLK. There is always a lot of traffic, and typically when the light turns green to cross MLK, there are still some cars in the intersection turning left or just sitting there or whatever. That was the case this morning, and I swear 5 seconds after the light turned green this guy behind me starts to honk. I'm the 5th vehicle in line, so he's the 6th.

What the hell is he thinking, and what the hell is he trying to accomplish? Does he really think that we're all just sitting there in front of him, looking at a green light, and thinking, "Gosh, I know I'm supposed to do something here, but what?" I can understand his frustration, lord knows, but a. I believe you should wait at least 10 seconds before honking, and then you may do so politely, and b. the honker should be the person directly behind the person that isn't moving.

I mean, really...anyone who is on the road at 7:30 in the morning is either on their way to work or on their way back home from work. Either way, it is safe to say that the only thing on everyone's mind is, "God I fucking hate traffic. Even my shitty job is better than this. At least I can play Boggle online at work." So I feel that everyone can rest assured that us morning commuters are ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

We should not fight or jockey for position, or drive exceedingly slowly or pass people on the right out of frustration.

We should not block intersections after your light turns red.

We should not cut off or ride up on the butt of the sexy man on the scooter in front of you.

And possibly most importantly, we should not honk at a line of cars immediately after a red light turns green.

In the face of economic turmoil and strife rampant throughout the world, we must UNITE, brothers!! Only together can we combat morning road rage! YES, WE CAN!! YES, WE CAN!!
















/weeps profusely

2 comments:

Chris Heppding said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Heppding said...

In Middle Eastern Countries everyone honks every time a light turns green. I guess they just don't get the fact that they are the only ones doing it here.